07 February 2009

THE FRIEND

There are lots and lots of people who are
always asking things,

Like Date and Pounds-an-ounces and the names
of funny Kings,

And the answer's either Sixpence or A Hundred
Inches Long.

And I know they'll think me silly if I get the
answer wrong.


So Pooh and go whispering, and Pooh looks
very bright,

And says, "Well, I say sixpence, but I don't
suppose I'm right."

And then it doesn't matter what the answer
ought to be,

'Cos if he's right, I'm Right, and if he's
wrong, it isn't Me.

A.A. Milne. "Now we are six" First published in 1927 by Methuen & Co Ltd


This poem says so much about family life for me.
We have each other. We don't have to worry about the formula. We can parent our way.
We have so much to learn from our children. Their fascination and innocent view of the world are worth listening too.

No comments:

Post a Comment