27 August 2009

Card making

I insist now on the kids making all the gift cards for this family. Saves going to the shops for starters, but it also makes it more personal and encourages them (and me) to actually meaning and thought into the card instead of just writing some words on a purchased card.

Generally they have been the children's drawings on a piece of card. I simply add a border around the drawing to make it look a bit more special. Works really well.

Recently we had a wedding card to make so decided to up the effort a bit. It worked out better than I thought.



















I cut out the heart for them and they covered it with fabric scraps and sparkly stuff. Then we stuck the end result on some card and tied it to another piece with that plastic twine stuff. They had fun anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment